Windows 10 keeps rolling updates, bug-fixes, patches to make its users always stay one step ahead in the technological world. This feature update to windows 10 version 1909 is an Insider Program that is known as 19H2. With this update comes several improvements in the field of performance, quality, enterprise features, and so on. But the delivery method of this update is not traditional but it is going to be delivered in a new way. Microsoft is going to deliver it via servicing technology.
Therefore, in this article, we are going to have a deep analysis of what is feature update to windows 10 version 1909.
The following new features are included in the 1909 update. So, get your hands on them before it’s too late.
- The update got support for it before it was actually released. This has been done for Businesses because several times they have reported facing blocking issues that did not let them install the updates.
- The update came along with 5 fixes for Windows container that now supports mixed-version container.
- It has also introduced a solution that lets OEMs to minimize the inking latency. This is based on hardware capabilities because it earlier got stuck with the Operating System.
- Moreover, the users now will get to use the key-rolling or Key-rotation feature. With this feature, they can do the safe use of the Recovery password which ultimately helped them to prevent the accidental disclosure of recovery passwords.
- When you go to the Lock screen, you will now see a third-party digital assistant. You can enable it or disable it according to your choice for voice unlocking.
- There is a change in the Calendar also because now you can set and create an event directly from the calendar. Just navigate to the flyout present on the taskbar, select date and time, and start filling details about your event.
- You will also see an update in the navigation pane that is present on the Start menu. It will now expand as soon as you hover the cursor over it. This will allow precise clicks on the users’ part.
- Microsoft has also added some images to let a user know how a banner should look like in the 1909 update.
- You can now easily adjust notification on the applications by using the “Action Center” option.
- When you customize notifications you will notice a new setting in it. To learn about this, you need to go to the Settings of your Windows 10. After this, you need to select the ‘System’. Further, you have to tap on ‘Notifications’. When you choose this option, it will sort a list of senders. This will also show you the latest notifications. With this, you can easily make changes and customize the frequent and most recent senders by sorting them out.
- Now you can also turn off the sound that plays for a notification.
- This update has also enabled users to enable or disable notifications from an annoying application or website. You can easily do this with the help of the newly created button named “Manage notifications”. You can find it at the top of the Action Center.
Along with this, there are several other feature updates to windows 10 version 1909 about which you can get to know on the official website of Microsoft. Now, we are going to discuss an error related to this update.
What is the feature update to Windows 10 version 1909 – error 0x800f081f
This error occurs when the update version 1909 fails to install on a user’s pc. There could be various reasons why you are coming across this error 0x00f081f. Sometimes, it may be because of a corrupted file that is restricting the update. Other than this, it might be showing up because of because your device is not compatible with the update to get installed.
Solutions to fix Windows 10 version 1909 – error 0x800f081f
Follow these instructions to get rid of this error and update the error as soon as possible:
- Make sure your device is receiving high-speed internet connectivity and then try to install the update again.
- If there is an antivirus with an active VPN, then disable it and try again.
- If you have connected external devices including scanner, printers, or an SD card, then remove it.
- Correct the time zone settings and try again.
In case this doesn’t help, try connecting to an expert or report your query to Microsoft.
John is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding office.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.