MS Office Errors: There is no day in an employee’s life when he does not need to use Office application and tools. He may need to use it for working on a document, for editing spreadsheets, and to make presentations. But, what if the Office application present on your device stops to respond to your commands? When you try to open an app and display certain error messages such as “Something went wrong”? What will you do in such a scenario?
If you are also one of those who are experiencing a similar situation, then you should not worry. Many others may be facing a similar error. But, there is a workaround to fix this issue following which you will get rid of this Office error instantly. In the following section, you will find the necessary workaround to get rid of this error. You should try these workarounds in the same manner as they are depicted. Else, you will not get the necessary results and you might have to reinstall Office via office.com/setup.
Ways to fix “Something went wrong” Ms office error
Method 1- Restart your device
Restarting may help you in fixing various common problems with your device and here’s one can do this:
- First of all, go to the “Start” menu of your Windows 10 or 8 device.
- Further, click on the arrow sign next to the “Shut down” option.
- From here, select the “Restart” option.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and the restarting process goes on.
- Sign in as an admin and try to open the Office app again.
- If this method doesn’t work and you still can’t use an Office app, then you may go ahead with the next method.
Method 2- Repair Office from the “Control Panel”
Doing this might help you in getting rid of this Ms office error but the process for doing so varies depending on which operating system you are using:
For Windows 10
- Navigate to the “Start” button and click on it to open a list of options.
- From the many tabs, select “Control Panel” and then go to the next step.
- Now, navigate to the “Programs” section choose the “Category” view”.
- Further, you have to select the “Uninstall a Program” option.
- Locate the Office product you wish to repair and then right-click on it.
- From here, select the “Change” option.
- This will open up a screen saying “How would you like to repair your Office Programs”.
- From this screen, select “Online Repair”. If you choose this option then it means everything will get fixed.
- Select “Repair” or “Quick Repair”.
- Complete the on-screen prompts to finish the repair process.
If you still are unable to use Office applications and you are getting an error message saying “something went wrong” again and again, then you should repeat the process once again. You may also try to uninstall and reinstall Office via office.com/setup. Doing this might help you in resolving the issue permanently.