It is important to understand the basic process to add the digital signature to a word document in less than 5 minutes. It is very easy to create an electronic signature on the MS Word document without leaving the application. The electronic signature on the Word doc creates a binding and legal contract once it is digitally signed by the creator. It is widely accepted throughout the industrialized world and it is more secured than the traditional paper-based signatures as these signatures are less vulnerable to forgery. In this article, you will get to discover the basics to sign the Word document electronically. So, without any discussions, let’s start with the basics of the topic.
What are the steps to sign the Word document digitally?
If you wish to sign in the Word document then you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to install the “Docu Sign add-in” software or any other similar software. Just go to the “Insert” tab and search for the “Get add-ins” option.
- This will open the “Office store” on your operating system.
- Now, search for the “DocuSign” software and tap on the “Add” to access the DocuSign.
- This will confirm the Installation and remember this is free.
- Once the “Add-ins” are loaded successfully then you will see the Menu option in Word labeled as “DocuSign”.
- Tap on the option labeled as “Sign Document” option.
- After this, you will see the box appearing on-screen.
- Tap on the “Create account” in order to create the free trial of the electronic signature.
- Signing up will allow you to create a free electronic signature on the Word.
- There is no credit card required and remember if you are already a customer then tap on the “Log in” option.
- Just log in to the “DocuSign” account and tap on the “Log In” option.
- You can easily drag and drop the signature field to add the signature to your Word doc.
- Now, your signed document is now ready to be shared and download.
- Just enter the name of the recipient in the fields provided in the pop-up menu and tap on the “Send and Close” option.
- Enter the recipient’s name and email address in the “Full Name” and “Email Address” fields in the pop-up menu, then click “Send and Close”.
- Now, you can easily sign in to the documents of Word app and can even sign using your mobile devices.
SEE: How to deactivate the Microsoft Office?
What are the steps to create an electronic signature in Microsoft Word?
If you wish to attach your document with an autograph, then you can choose to create your own electronic Signature in the Word document and follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you have to log in to the “DocuSign” account.
- Tap on the “Profile” Image and then tap on the “Signatures” option.
- After this, you need to change the signature and tap on the “Edit” option and tap on the “Draw” option.
- To draw the signature in Word, just tap on the “Draw your signature” box and then draw the desired signature on your touch screen.
- Tap on the “Create” button and save the document.
We hope that this article has highlighted all the essential steps that are required to digitally sign a word document without any interruptions. However, if you still have queries related to the topic then we recommend you visit the official website office.com/setup. On the website, you will get assistance to fix queries (If any).
For the office, Mcafee, and Roku activation visit:
roku.com/link, www.office.com/setup, mcafee.com/activate