Microsoft Office has an impeccable impact on the lives of working professionals as well as students who need to create, work, or collaborate on different tasks and projects. One Office productivity suite is enough for those who have to deal with projects that require you to create effective presentations, work on documents, manage data, and so on. No matter in which field you go, there’s official work in which you can escape from using Office applications or tools.
Also, during this time, when you need to work remotely, the scope and need for using Office apps have increased manifolds. In order to use the Office productivity suite, you need to purchase it from the retailer or from an online platform that deals in Microsoft Office. On top of that, if you purchase and use Microsoft 365, you become eligible to use additional Microsoft features. This version of Office lets you collaborate across several devices, join group meetings that too with high-end security features.
What is the cost of Microsoft Office?
Office 2019 Home & Business is available for $249.99 and for Office 2016 Home and Business, you need to pay $229. On the contrary, Office 2019 Professional is available $439.99 but Office 2016 Professional can be purchased for $399. Office 365 for a one-time installation for a single device costs a user $150. But, Office 365 for a yearly subscription for multiple devices costs a user around $70 to $100. You can buy the desired version for your compatible device based on the price which suits your budget the most.
How to get Office for free?
Since creating an Office or Microsoft account on office.com/setup is necessary for using any of the versions of apps of Office, therefore, it is compulsory to have an Office account. Once you create an account, you can use some online versions of the Office applications. But, there’s a catch, these tools and apps are available with limited features. Therefore, if you want to enjoy the full-featured version of Office, you need to buy a paid subscription of Office.
Use Microsoft Office for Home and Student 2019
This version of Office has been specifically developed for those who wish to use traditional Office apps such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. But, for this all you need to have the email address of your educational institutions. This address should be linked with the Office version your concerned institution has purchased. With this email address, you need to log in at office.com/setup and enjoy the full-featured version of the free Office setup. The educational license purchased by your institute makes it possible for a large number of users to use Office setup simultaneously. On the contrary, Home users need to purchase it but at a lesser price.
Get it free with your device
Sometimes, when you buy a new device, you become entitled to get a free version of Office with it. This free version allows you to use Office apps for a certain time period based on the license that your retailer has purchased. On the contrary, if he has purchased the full-featured version of Office, then he will get it. You can also use the Mobile apps of Office that are available for free. You can easily get it from the apps providing platform of your device.
How do I get the trial version of Office?
The trial version of Office entitles you to use Microsoft Office free for 30 days. You can use it and get it for free with your Microsoft account. After this, you need to buy a paid version for using the licensed product. If you wish to continue using the free trial version, there’s one trick with which you can do so. You can create or use several Microsoft accounts on www.office.com/setup for using it.
Microsoft Product activation- Explained
Before explaining the detailed process of Office product activation, you need to understand a few things. The first thing you need to have is Microsoft account. Next, you have to have an Office product key that you have already redeemed but has not been used.
6 Best Easy steps to download
- Go to www.office.com and click ‘Sign in’.
- Now, login with your Microsoft account.
- Enter the account related credentials.
- You can also use the details related to a work or school account.
- Those who don’t have an account, can sign up on office.com/setup.
- Now, click on the ‘Install Office’ button followed by ‘Install’.
Now, the downloading process will begin after which you need to install Office.
4 Steps to Install Office version
- Once the download process completes, click Run/Setup/Save File. This option will be based on the web browser of your device.
- Now, select ‘Yes’ on the User Account Control window.
- As soon as you do this, the installation will begin.
- Now, you need to close the installation window of office.com/setup.
- Open the ‘Finder’ of your Mac device.
- Now, click on the ‘Downloads’ folder to expand it.
- Next, you need to find the MS Office installer package file.
- After locating it, double-click on it.
- Click ‘Continue’ and then follow some easy on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
3 Ways to Activate MS Office
- First of all, you need to locate and open Office applications. You can do it from the Start menu.
- On Mac, click on the Launchpad and Windows you need to click ‘Continue’ on the license agreement.
- On Mac, click ‘Get Started’ and enter the activation code when asked.
Users are suggested to use the product key very carefully because it is highly case-sensitive. The product key is of alphanumeric characters which need to enter sequence wise as well as you need to take care of the upper case and lower case letters and numerals. Once the subscription period expires, do not delay in renewing it so as to continue using the Office apps without any interruption.