Microsoft Office 365 Outlook is a common productivity tool used by people of an organization who have to deal with and manage emails, calendars, and contacts on a daily basis. It has been the industry standard where there are incoming and outgoing messages every day. Managing those emails has now become easy with the introduction of office 365 outlook. There are numerous ways through which you can increase the productivity of your business by using the various functions and features of Microsoft Outlook. So, below are listed some of the ways through which you can do this.
5 tips to use Outlook effectively
By following these tips and tricks, you are surely going to get the best output from MS Outlook that you have downloaded via office.com/setup
- Use folder to organize emails- doing this will help you to streamline your emails systematically and it should be done at an initial stage when you have just started to use Outlook. When your inbox starts to overflow with messages, folders help you in managing those messages. Along with this, you do not need to spend hours to search for a particular email because you can do this with a few clicks. There is also an option to navigate to a folder so that you can take quick actions for each message.
- Use templates- in an organization, one has to send the same email after every few days and you have to type the same message again. But with Outlook, you do not need to trouble yourself any longer as you can create a template and use it whenever required. To this, first of all, you have to select the ‘File’ option and then select the ‘Save as’ option. Here, you can tap on the option reading as ‘Outlook template’ followed by ‘Items’ and then ‘Choose Form’. In the end, you have to click on ‘User Templates’ to complete the process.
- Save important items on desktop- you can easily save important messages, events from calendar, and other notes after converting them as files and then take them to desktop. This helps in managing and streamlining your inbox which further will help you to access the important messages more quickly. You can easily save these files in the format you wish to and when you click twice on it, it will take you directly to the source location i.e. Outlook.
- Convert emails into conversations- the long threads in an email are annoying and confusing but this new feature of Outlook has made it a little easier for the people. They can now simply convert these emails into a chat conversation. All you need to do is change the ‘View’ settings to ‘Show as Conversation’.
- Use paraphrases to manage events in the calendar- while creating an event, a user can use the pre-set paragraphs to manage an event instead of scrolling to find a specific date. You can simply type paraphrases such as “next Sunday” in the date field. After this, you do not need to do anything more.
Other than this, you can block a specific sender who is causing inconvenience in your work. Moreover, you can use sticky notes in office 365 outlook as well as adjust the notification to get notified for important emails.